Tuesday, October 20, 2009

good news all around...

I got a couple of different "good news" announcements today! It makes me so happy to know that my friends and family are out there getting good news and having good days. :)


First, I found out that today my friend of over 31years is being induced into labor today. The baby is on its way! Its so amazing to me to know that she is having a baby, starting her family. Something she had longed for and dreamed of since we were just kids. Its almost like I have a new niece or nephew on its way into this world and it brings me to tears (happy/proud ones) to know that her baby will be here so soon! I am a little sad that I can't be there for her. She moved to Calgery a short time ago and its a little harder to get up to the great white north to visit. It is on my to do list though, I just need to get that passport. :)


The second good news today came from my good friend and co-worker. Its a long story, but the short version is that when we had layoff she was displaced from her supervisor position and moved to the staff position when someone "bumped" her out. Claiming the position because of her seniority. I was soooo angry when all that when down. It seemed so unfair and cruel. My friend was of course upset, but as the only working parent in her family of four, she needed to stay and keep the job she was given. She has been more than gracious and patient and upbeat. I am so pleased to know that she has landed a new, better, more awesome job! Although I'll be sad to not have her around, the happiness for her completely outweighs it. WOO HOO!


So YAY for the "good news" items this week. I'm sure there are more out there. I would love to hear them. If you are a reader and would like to share your good new, please do. :)




1 comment:

  1. Hmmm... good news? We bought our tickets to Boise and we'll be having fun with family very soon! Yay! :)

    ReplyDelete