Monday, October 12, 2009

I think I can, I think I can...

So there is this thing called NaNoWriMo... it stands for National Novel Writing Month....


"National Novel Writing Month is a fun, seat-of-your-pants approach to novel writing. Participants begin writing November 1. The goal is to write a 175-page 50,000-word) novel by midnight, November 30.

Valuing enthusiasm and perseverance over painstaking craft, NaNoWriMo is a novel-writing program for everyone who has thought fleetingly about writing a novel but has been scared away by the time and effort involved." (from their website)

50,000 words! that's a lot of writing! Its a big goal. BIG! I actually really like their attitude about it though. Its all about the word count. Therefore, you are more willing to really writing your little fingers off to try and reach the goal.

I really think this is a great way to jump start my brain. It will force me to write as often and as much as I can to try and reach that goal. So, here's to November 1st... the day I start my novel.

Hmmm... now i just need some ideas for something i could actually write about for 50,000 words! LOL! I'm sure I'll come up with something... right?

1 comment:

  1. Hey, blogger, where's your blog at? I need NEW POSTS! :)

    ReplyDelete